Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fall blessings

I was peeling onions this morning preparatory to pickling them, looking out my kitchen window at the glorious colours and at a squirrel diligently burying seeds and other tidbits under the golden leaves. The squirrel was totally unaware of the jay a few paces behind it waiting to dig up his treasures as soon as it moved on.

Sometimes, I am like that squirrel, I find some treasure, perhaps in a book I have read, or a truth that I want to hold onto, or maybe a dream that I share tentatively. Without realizing it I allow someone to snatch it away by their negativity, lack of interest or imagination.

When someone shares with me their dreams and aspirations, the treasures they have learned along the way, I hope I have the grace to bless rather than curse.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful pictures

Jenn

Franco said...

Vic Grace very nice blog!
Would it make fun for you, to make money in the Internet?
yes?
more information
www-franco.blogspot.com
see the GDI video