Monday, October 02, 2006

A day in the life ..

Don't seem to have any inspiration today for anything. I did bring wood in, pickled a few beets, made bread in the machine, did some bill paying, but have no energy and apart from this I am experiencing blogger's block.

It is a gorgeous day, but I sent my husband off to fish on his own, which is a good excuse for him since the lawn mower broke down and he was going to do the last run before winter. I thought it would be too cold on the lake.

Probably a good day to curl up with a good book, I am reading Edward Rutherford's 'London' it is quite fascinating, especially as I know many of the places he refers to. So far I have liked all of his books. If you are into history these are a good read. I always feel a bit guilty sitting down reading in the middle of the day, especially when it is sunny. I think that is my British heritage we were never allowed to stay indoors when the sun shone. At least I wasn't.

I know I should go for a walk, but then I would have to take the dog, whine whine, that is me not her, because she will be upset if I go without her whine whine, that's her not me.

Then there is the problem of the bear. We have a maruading, garbage eating bear, and I am afraid if he doesn't change his ways he will have to go to the land of the bad bears. Right now any self respecting bear should be making a pig of himself down at the river where there are salmon everywhere. This time of year bears should be stocking up ready for the big winter sleep. Unfortunately when a bear starts eating garbage and gets lazy they get dangerous and also they won't survive the winter, or barely, because they don't put the fat on to survive hibernation. I don't want to run into him, dogs are good at treeing a bear, but if there is an agressive male about that doggy runs right back to you to protect him with Mr. Bear right on his tail, so that is another reason not to take the dog.

No comments: