Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Plutoed

Associated Press Jan 8, 2007

ANAHEIM, Calif

Pluto is finally getting some respect — not from astronomers, but from wordsmiths.

"Plutoed" was chosen 2006's Word of the Year by the American Dialect Society at its annual meeting Friday.

To "pluto" is "to demote or devalue someone or something," much like what happened to the former planet last year when the General Assembly of the International Astronomical Union decided Pluto didn't meet its definition of a planet.

"Our members believe the great emotional reaction of the public to the demotion of Pluto shows the importance of Pluto as a name," said society president Cleveland Evans. "We may no longer believe in the Roman god Pluto, but we still have a sense of personal connection with the former planet."

We received our Property Assessment today it was good that our property was not plutoed. The Canadian dollar was plutoed yesterday and has been steadily dropping this last week, however this is generally good for the ecoonomy.

I had a dream last night and in it a man grabbed me from behind and I slugged him. I woke to hear my dear husband exclaiming that I had punched him in the eye. (No it wasn't him grabbing me) Now I wonder did I pluto him by punching him or is he plutoing me by sporting his eye to all and sundry telling them that he feels plutoed by my nocturnal attitude towards him.

1 comment:

Leann said...

boy that was funny about the dream you had.your hubby can be happy that is all you did.one woman woke up to her hubby coking her and he was asleep.she almost didnt get him awake in time.dreams can be odd.but did you ever hear of the sleep walkers.one guy was soo bad he would go up on his silow to see if he shut off the light.his wife would be so scared cause you cant wake them or they could fall.my brother use to walk in his sleep.he would take is ball and bat and head out the door in his undies.when he would hit the cold air he would come back in and go back to bed.its funny and scarey to.