Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Promoting family and friends

Visiting Gene's blog today I really like the new look and his cartoons. It gave me the idea to promote my eldest son a bit. Mother's pride.

My son is a cartoonist and an animator and he has a blog he adds work to on occasion so I thought since I don't have much to share today I would put a link to it. Steve's blog.

He has been working on Ed, Edd, Eddy and George of the Jungle recently but is also working on a comic book for some Australian company.

Just wanted to share this with Jeni. This is how I am feeling today, I am sure she has read this before but just in case. I will be 60 in March so I am getting ready and I need to practice. I have some of these down already but some still need work.

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

-- Jenny Joseph

6 comments:

COLORADO BOB said...

You're right about Gene. Do me a personal favor and go to your settings page in the dashboard, and click yes for Open the comments in a new window feature. That way I can open a comment and side it off to the side and read a post and reply easier.

This was on NewsVine .... Snow Complicates Life for Alaska's Moose Now, to check-out your son's page.

Vic Grace said...

Changed that as suggested Bob. Glad you liked Steve's page

AMAZING GRACIE said...

Hello! We're both going to take the big leap this year. I'll be 60 in June. How about you?
I love your remarks in your "About Me" section. I, too, have peace because of the Son.
I'm having a night owl attack and need to close down for the night but I will be back for a tour of your village.
~~~Blessings~~~
Gracie

COLORADO BOB said...

Thanks Vic, That's very talented boy you have. I added him to the list.

Here's a BBC story on wolves. Wolves are Good for the Ecosystem

crpitt said...

I liked steve's blog too.
Is he aware that you have sent us his way?lol!

Claire

Ron Simpson said...

Hi, I came over from Gracie's page. She got the 5 things she has learned from me. I am kind of surprised how far it has spread. My kids watch Ed, Edd and Eddy. I had once entertained the desire to illustrate comics and cartoons, but after 7 years of art school I found I was best at technical illustrations, and I did not enjoy them, so I moved on. Now I am trying to write. Have a nice day.