Saturday, May 26, 2007

The time has come for a smaller vehicle

We have decided to start looking for a small fuel efficient car. Our Ford truck is just eating up too much gas to go shopping and general running around. I don't know how much you are paying for gas but it is $1.24 up here and not likely to go down. As we have such a great distance to travel for shopping and church and so on it is getting costly.

We have decided that when we get a new (or new to us) car we will just insure the truck for a few months in summer so my husband can get wood and haul stuff and we can take out the little travel trailer we have.

I favour something like this Toyota Yaris but in yellow, I have always wanted a small yellow car, but every time I mention it my husband growls "Over my dead body". Yellow happens to be my favourite colour. However my husband is 6ft 2ins and fears he will be a bit crunched up. Neither of us know much about cars so he suggested I started searching on the internet for ideas, but I don't even know where to start. I suppose a new vehicle would be the most efficient as far as gas consumption but price is also a very important factor. A hybrid might be great but they are very expensive. We might just have to resort to a horse and buggy!

3 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Horse and buggy? Not a bad idea, actually, although I still prefer my bike.

The Tour Manager is six-four-and-a-half. I looked at cars he did not fit in; your husband has a realistic concern.

Find what you like and then go make him sit in it, and go from there.

Good luck!

Cicero Sings said...

Hi! We looked at cars earlier this year ... went to the car show in Vancouver even. I was wanting a car for when my husband was working. We decided against a second car ... just too expensive t have two of the darn things. They sure can suck up the money.

Anyway, I liked the Yaris because ist is so darn cute and the couple of people I talked to that had them seemed happy with them. Honda has come up with the FIT this year. We liked this better (not as cute though but still not bad) because the back seat laid down flush ... the better to carry things in. We would go for the Honda Fit " IF " we were going to buy one. My husband has always been a Honda man ... very reliable cars ... but now we have a Subaru and he absolutely loves our Outback. Comfy, very good handling car for the long distrance drives but it does use the gas. When my husband isn't working we just don't drive that much ... other than for the trips to the coast to visit my Mom. Toyota's are really good cars too.

Good luck on your car search.

latt├ęgirl said...

Can't go wrong with a Honda.