Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My trusty anti bug hat

It is not raining today so I thought I would catch up on some outside chores. So armed with my trusty anti-bug hat and covered up elsewhere I ventured out.

Did a little weeding, de-pooped the grass, I can't call it a lawn by any stretch of the imagination and generally messed about for a bit.

I have this old Aussie type hat that I sewed netting around the rim and dressed it up with a silk flower. My husband is not too keen on it but it keeps the bugs off, they really like me. It is amazing if there is a mosquito or black fly anywhere near they don't bother anyone else they just dive bomb me. It is one of the things I have had to get used to living in the north.

I am looking forward to our solarium, then I can pretend I am outside enjoying the great outdoors but I won't actually have to go out in it!

Hubby has gone off to get firewood. There is so much wood around here that we can easily get the four cords we need for our wood stove and it is all free. He has taken Annie the dog so I hope there are no thunderstorms brewing. She will probably find a nice pile of bear poop to roll in and he will have to find a stream or puddle to try and get it off. I used to go with him when we first moved here, but I don't now, he actually enjoys it, getting out in the wilderness, but it is more of an endurance test for me and I am not much use to him anyway as the rounds he cuts are too heavy for me to get into the truck. So I made him a rhubarb cake, he'll like that when he gets back.

6 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

"BEAR POOP" Lol

Hahahaha!

It's very good on marigolds, you know.

:@}

Cicero Sings said...

Bugs really like me too! I commiserate.

RUTH said...

That's a great hat...with bear poop about I think I'd rather be making rhubarb cake.

Gene Bach said...

Snazzy hat...you're styling! LOL!

latt├ęgirl said...

Love the hat!

Rock dweller said...

I love your blog.....ROXY