Sunday, July 15, 2007

Walls of water you can walk through!

What will they think of next? Walls of water may be all very well, but these architects have not considered the effect all that water will have on the Expo going public. I hope they have also planned additional public washrooms to go along with the exhibit. Since the majority of visitors to Expo 2008 could well be baby boomers the adult diaper firms should have a bonanza year.

Architects and engineers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have designed a building with walls made of water.

The Digital Water Pavilion, which will be featured at Expo 2008 in Zaragoza, Spain, will have walls of water sprayed from thousands of computer-controlled jets. They can be programmed to show images or messages, and even parted so a person could walk through.

I may have a limited imagination but what use are walls of water. Expo is meant to be a show featuring new and wonderful discoveries that benefit humankind, where do walls of water fit in. Perhaps you can offer some ideas?

5 comments:

Rhea said...

I just read about this today. I live and work not too far from the Mass. Inst. of Tech. The bathroom joke was a good one.

Bryan @ One Mans Goal said...

That's pretty amazing. What will they think of next?

RUTH said...

I wonder how much this will cost!...I have a feeling it would just make me want to visit the bathroom!

The Insane Writer said...

WOW! When I lived in Midwest City, Oklahoma, there was a sandwich shop that had see-thru mirrors from the inside out as a wall. I thought at first it was a little creepy.lol

Amazing Gracie said...

I love water in any form but, come on...I'm with Ruth on this one!