I have been reorganizing my way of doing things because I discovered I will not be getting broadband after all so have to stick with slow dial up.
1. I have changed my email to Gmail and have everything come to there. I used to use Yahoo, and I still will keep that address, just in case, but Yahoo would not automatically forward my mail.
2. I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird which is the companion to Firefox. It now receives all my mail from everywhere and I can read when I am not online. Likewise instead of Google Reader which I really liked I can get all my RSS feeds into Thunderbird and then read them offline.
3.I used to write my posts on Blogger but now I plan to write them using Abiword, a free open source word processor that has a good spell checker and grammer checker, although I am not sure that is much good and I downloaded WordWeb which is also a dictionary and thesaurus so I won't have to go online to check a word. I received some proof reading tips from David a real time author at Authorblog which I hope will improve this failing I have of not seeing my mistakes until a day later.
4.I installed Keynote which is also Open Source, but they are not working on it right now but is a great program for organizing everything in your computer into one place. So I am going to try and use it for planning blogging.
5.I put a language translator on my page in the hopes that those outside the English speaking world might be interested.
6.I did some code like things with Feedburner to give me a revolving signature of previous blog posts for my emails and put the stuff you see on the bottom of the posts - Stumble it etc.
7. I went a got an encoded email "Contact Me" to avoid spammers getting my address.
8. I visited other blogging friends, and commented, and emailed some and did two posts of my own.
9. I closed my Yahoo blog down, although I had a lot of people visiting, very few ever commented. I invited them here, maybe they will become part of our blogging friendship group. That would be nice.
10. I went and got two Tylenol because I have been on the computer all day and my shoulders are killing me!
That's it folks