Friday, September 21, 2007

A little yellow car will be in my carport next week

We went out today and bought a new car, a Chevy Aveo. I have always wanted a little yellow car. My husband wanted a gray one could you believe, that must say something about us don't you think?

It is a bit of a stretch financially but on the other hand it will save a lot of gas and I can get out a bit more. Right now we are careful about using the truck because it costs about $60 to even go shopping, but with the new one it will be about $12. So instead of going to see my boys by Greyhound I will drive. Yipee!

The other reason for getting the car is that I will drive, since we have been married, 9 years ago, he has done virtually all the driving. It just worked out that way but I need to start driving again, especially in the snow, which I don't like doing, and I don't want to become fearful of driving.

We will take his Ford Truck off the road in the winter and he says it will last longer if it not used all the time as it is a 1997. He needs to keep it for getting firewood and other manly pursuits, like dragging the boat around, getting gravel for the driveway, boring stuff.

So if I am not posting I will be dashing around British Columbia in my little yellow car.

7 comments:

david mcmahon said...

G'day Vic,

Thrilled to hear about your car. Enjoy it.

Cheers

David

Danielle Blogging for Balance said...

I love your new car. I think it portrays your personality beautifully!! BTW...I love your new 'tagline' ;)

Vic Grace said...

Thanks guys I am looking forward to it.

Jeni said...

Woo Hoo! You got it! Your lovely little yellow car! That is fantastic. Sure does sound like it will definitely be a big saver though on the gas costs so the expense for the purchase is worth it then.

Vic Grace said...

Yes Jeni I am excited and I spent hours trying to decide if we could afford it but then figured that I could nickel and dime us to death so we just went for it.

The Insane Writer said...

WOW! That is such a difference is gas price! Congrats on the new car!

Bob Johnson said...

lol, I was just talking to my wife tonight, I told her yellow was my favorite color for my next car, mind you it will be a mustang cause thats what we saw speed by our house and it was that cool race car yellow, love it. you'll love the way your little yellow car handles in the winter time!