Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weak as a kitten

I got hit by the bug from hell yesterday afternoon. Don't know how I got it but suffice it to say I spent most of the last 24 hours in the bathroom. I lost 3lbs, and I feel weak as a kitten. My motivation to do anything went down the toilet, so to speak.

I have been browsing around the internet looking for the magic piece of software that will immediately make me a scintillating blogger. Of course it doesn't exist. I tend to be a spontaneous blogger and don't have a plan when I sit down to write. Are you like that or do you have posts planned in advance? I am sure that is a good way to go but I am not disciplined enough.

I have always been a spontaneous person. I hate To Do lists and have never used one, things always get done but when I feel like doing them.

One thing that I can't resist doing is, when reading a book I have to look at the end of the story. I don't think I have ever read a book without doing this. I don't like surprises, any type of surprise, for example I don't like receiving gifts when I don't know what they are going to be. In fact I don't like gifts much at all, it puts me under obligation to return the favour and a loathe shopping for gifts, even when my boys were younger I gave them money and they bought what they wanted. The whole Christmas gift exchange is such a drag as far as I am concerned.

I could care less about expensive jewelery, if you want to show me undying love buy me a gadget. Diamonds are not my best friend I wouldn't know what to do with them.

One thing lately that I have been beating myself up about is giving my opinion too readily. I think my tongue is a bit too spontaneous. Also I have allowed myself to get impatient with my poor husband. He has a severe hearing problem, and although he has the best hearing aids we could afford I find myself repeating everything once or even twice. Part of the problem is that he thinks he hears you and rushes off to do what he thinks I want and it wasn't that at all.

On Sunday we were in the grocery store, and I needed some garbage bags, the large ones. We were in the line up when I realized I hadn't picked them up and he said he would get them. I had to grab his hand and yelled "Listen to me" because I knew he was off to get the ones I didn't want. He is the most excellent of husbands and I felt bad that I had embarrassed him in public, but sometimes his disability is mine too.

We received an e-mail from a daughter yesterday, she is shaving her head for "Cops for Cancer" would we support her? While a worthy cause we both felt that since she hasn't contacted us for a least nine months, and now just a request for money, which she sent out to everyone in her address book, we were not too sympathetic. Maybe that is taking a hard line, if however it was a real emergency we would find the money but this is something she has taken on herself.

So that is all for now folks, I am staying close to home because I am still not quite together yet.

7 comments:

Two Write Hands said...

Yuck. Hopefully that bug went down the toilet, too. Feel better soon!

Jeni said...

Hope you get to feeling much better, mucho fast! I had a dr's appt. yesterday and the doc kindly gave me a prescription to -hopefully - help me get rid of this nasty sinus infection and especially the miserable hacking cough too. So far, the pills seem to be helping and here's hoping they continue to do that too! Other wise, as you will note if/when your read my post today, it has been a somewhat "spontaneous" time for me of late! But I was really, really, REALLY ticked when I wrote the post this a.m., still am ticked too, but a tad calmer anyway from having had my say!

Danielle Blogging for Balance said...

I do hope that you are feeling better. I had a 'cold' bug...which I much prefer over the one you had ;) I have always been a spontaneous blogger, however, today I actually sat down and began to plan my posts for October. It will be a flexible plan however, I always have to leave room for that unplanned meltdown ;)...I have always wondered why people love to read the end of a book first..I don't...but I am so with you on the jewelry thing...any good piece of jewelry that I have ever owned always became lost and never found. Although I have been admiring the very popular eternity necklace, I don't really want one for myself. I truly am a 'basics' kind of gal. Again, I hope that you are feeling better. I don't think you were taking a hard line at all with your daughter...I have a SIL that only calls when she needs something...and it gets tiring. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

david mcmahon said...

Hope you're feeling better ....

Carver said...

I'm sorry that you have been unwell. Stomach bugs are the worse for me. I can't plan in advance with my blog either, although I like to post pictures so I sometimes have an idea of pictures that I want to post. I used to have to do lists but they never had an impact on what actually got done. I also used to write up things I really wanted to do and use decorative stars to encourage myself. How childish is that. I then gave up on the list but plastered over the top of what I wanted to do with stars and labels saying things like, you're wonderful. Yeah right. I'm wonderfully disorganized. I hope you continue to feel better and better. Take care, Carver

Gene Bach said...

See, you got sick because you wouldn't let me come fishing with you!

Take it easy, drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest and in three weeks you'll feel as good as new. :-O

Vic Grace said...

Thanks everyone I feel much better today.