Friday, October 12, 2007

Three interesting web-apps to check out

Three online applications to try. Have fun.

Voted as the best web-based task manger Remember the Milk's got all the best features modern web apps have to offer: email, tagging, advanced search, keyboard shortcuts and even offline access with Google Gears. Remember the Milk is a great way to consolidate your work, personal, school and family to-do's .

Microsoft has launched online event planning functionality within Windows Live Events. The free social event planning service lets you invite friends to an event and creates a Web page where people can share photos and stories with blog entries after the event. It uses the same infrastructure as Windows Live Spaces and lets you use your contact list there or in Hotmail or Messenger.

Evite.com helps you with your entertaining chores, for example you can send invitations, get hints for planning your event, cards etc. They cover everything from Anniversaries through Sporting Events to Weddings.

4 comments:

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I visted your Picasa album and thoroughly enjoyed your pictures.

Saedel said...

Good stuff, Vic! Although I see the Windows Live Event as an emulation of successful social sites like facebook.

I use a desktop calendar to manage my task. I've been using Rainlendar for years, and I love it.

I might try Remember The Milk, it looks very useful for me.

Gene Bach said...

Hey there Vic. I finally got a chance to to some reading. Great posts that you are putting up.

latt├ęgirl said...

Couldn't help my French side: I immediately read "Evite" as the French word for "avoid" and then briefly scratched my head at the description of the app. Heh.