Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Viral Linking is good for your blog

Sometime ago I started the 'Warm the Globe thru Friendship' linking project. It was basically viral linking with a twist. I had read about it on Blogging Mix. At first I was very unsure of the idea I thought it was a little like spam but eventually on the suggestion of Jeni I started it and it has gone a long way and increased my readership and authority with Technorati as well as other peoples.

I just read a post by Empress Bee reminding us of the value of this little blogging trick. She has started a list of her own which you may wish to join. However I wanted to do something a little different.

I have started a list here of those who have visited me or who I regularly read (I hope I don't leave anyone out, but if I do, tell me and I'll get your name on the list.) If you want to see your blog readership grow add this list to the bottom of a post on your blog and add your blog link at the end after the dash. Put in a dash after your name just to keep the code simple for the next person. Explain what you are doing to your readers and invite them to do the same.

Cariboo Ponderer - Down River Drivel - A little piece of me - Empress Bee - I was born 2 Cree8 - Untwisted Vortex - One Man's Goal - Echoes of Grace - AuthorBlog - The Post College Years - Nobody Important - BCMom - Turning the Pages of Life - The BiPolar Diaries - Cicero Sings - Cid69 - Inman Road Chronicles - Inner Dialogues - Me, My Life, My Garden - Small Town RN - Two Write Hands - Misty Dawn - SquareTan - Skittles - At your service - Ghosts in the Machine - Planet Saedel - A nice place in the sun - And miles to go before we sleep - Blackholes and Astrostuff - The Egel Nest - Mom knows everything - Life in Westcliffe - Dapoppins - Reba's Run - Time with Shelby - Hootin' Anni - Meeyauw - Carver's Sight or is that site - The Insane Writer - Dottie's Place - Limadang - She walks in beauty -

7 comments:

Jeni said...

Holy Buckets! We're gonna be flooding the blogosphere with "authority grabbers" all over the place, aren't we? I don't have a problem with that deal though.

david mcmahon said...

Dear Vic,

Have not been an everyday visitor for te past three weeks because I'm counting down to the delivery date for the manuscript of my novel.

But I'm just one click away, as you know.

Very fortunate to count you as a friend.

Will be a more regular visitor after 31 October.

Keep smiling

David

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Vic, It 's so nice of you to add A Nice Place In The Sun to your link list. I adore your blog and am a fan of 'Warm the globe thru' friendship.' Thank you for thinking of me. I'm honored and will begin work on it pronto. Thanks a million~ :))

Ann

Saedel said...

Hi Vic, thanks for adding me. It's an honor to be a part of your list.

-Saedel

Dapoppins said...

Okay...laughing over the Holy Buckets...hahahahahahaha

janeywan said...

Thanks for including me in your list.
I've hit a few bumps in the road over the last couple weeks and I'm just not myself. Stay tuned, I hope to be back to writing again soon.

Bong (JB) said...

Hello... :D

Looks like I'm the odd one here. :) Top Make Money Online bloggers agree that the link train is outdated. But I believe it's not and I'm glad it's alive and well in another, and I'll say a sunnier, side of the blogosphere.

I'll grab the links and hop on the train later. I already know where to find them.

Thanks.

:D