Friday, October 26, 2007

Why am I not visiting you, well I am, sort of!

I am posting today to let my readers know that there are some blogs which I have tried to visit, especially those involved with , just so I could do my part in participating that have simply refused to load.

I am having a lot of trouble with comment boxes, blogs are taking forever to load and then finally when I think I can comment I can't get the comment box to open. I think it must be that dial up is getting overloaded, now we have so many widgets and other goodies on our blogs. Jeni at Down River Drivel e-mailed me this morning saying she had exactly the same problem.

So don't think we have stopped visiting, this is why we want to earn some money, so both of us can get faster service.

I read somewhere that it is a good idea to have an e-mail address on the front of your blog so people can e-mail you if they have trouble contacting you on your blog. Just an idea. I read your blogs on my Google Reader every day and sometimes I would like to comment but waiting 5 minutes for the site to load and then finding that I can't open the comment box is very frustrating.

Well that is my whine for the day. You can count it as Jeni's whine as well. I am off to town today in my little yellow car. Catch you later

4 comments:

Saedel said...

I guess my site is accessible, you left a comment yesterday. :P

Anyway, this is also my concern. My suggestion is to keep the frontpage at around 100KB, with simple graphics. That's why I don't put detailed hi-res picture on my index anymore.

Since I know how to code, I put my ads and some pictures in the "single" post view. That way, my index would load almost seamlessly. As much as possible, I try to make my layout look like a text-based, neat, and easy on the eyes.

Aside from email, I'd also like to suggest to put the RSS Feed in a prominent location. In my experience, RSS Feed makes browsing easier. However, I also noticed some of the blogs I visit (particularly blogspot.com), do not have RSS.

By the way, thanks for the visits and comments! :-)

-Saedel

Misty Dawn said...

It never dawned on me that my e-mail wasn't accessible until you commented to me and posted this! I'm going to correct that. If ever you want to contact me, I'd love to hear from you. My e-mail address is PCsByMisty@gmail.com.

Jeni said...

Thanks Vic, for stating that I too have the same problems with blogs loading slowly and then too, with the comments boxes. I definitely couldn't have said it better - taken longer, used more words perhaps, but not better. LOL (And anyone of your readers who also reads my blog will know I speak the truth about the "more" there! Right?)

Danielle Blogging for Balance said...

I was curious why I hadn't heard from you lately ;)