Sunday, November 25, 2007

Frustrated with Windows

I have been trying to set up Facebook for photos but was told I needed to download some Java thingy, my computer just won't do it. Then I tried Windows Live and it hung up too. I did the recommended things like clear my temporary files and even turned off my firewall but still neither would work. I have been two evenings just messing about with this stuff.

I have been trying to set up a Family space and my eldest son already uses Facebook so I thought that would be a logical choice for all of us but not so. Second suggestion was to use Windows Live but that didn't work so I ended up with faithful old Blogger. I have looked around for other Family type web pages and haven't liked any so reverted to what I know. Now I hope they think to post something once in a while, just to keep their Mom in the loop.

6 comments:

Saedel said...

Hi Vic, do you only want an online Family Album? Maybe "Flickr" will do. I'll check back later.

-Saedel

Jeni said...

Vic - I had to download Java in order to get the Pogo.com (games place) available to me on my computer and if I recall correctly, I had issues with it if I tried to download it using Firefox. I flipped over to IE and got it loaded there. I don't know if that might be a part of your issue but I know with firefox, unless they've changed it, you couldn't get the latest Java download to function there.

Bong (JB) said...

:D

Yep, Windows... itÅ› a love and hate relationship. Im commenting right now using Ubuntu.

Misty Dawn said...

Bummer! I am a member of Facebook, and it would be cool to be able to add you as a friend. I'm very disappointed that it didn't work out for you.

Mary said...

Technology is wonderful when it works and frustrating when it doesn't.

For a long time I couldn't get java either, but last night I was finally successful.

I use photobucket. It's a great place to keep photos.

Blessings,
Mary

Anna said...

If you're looking for a way for the family to keep in touch, you might try Yahoo Groups. People can update by email, or by signing in to the group. They can upload pictures and files to share, and only the people you want to see all of this can see it. It's not really like a webpage - more of a bulletin board and email list.