Friday, November 09, 2007

Messing about with the new camera

Just a few pictures I took while learning about the new camera.

This where I do all my computer stuff. I put a mirror on the desk so it can reflect the TV and I can watch what my husband is watching. I do most of my TV watching this way. He sits in the big chair with Annie at his feet. It works well for both of us, except he sometimes turns off the sound, which I find frustrating, but he wears hearing aids and he finds it easier sometimes not to have to listen to the noise of a hockey game for example.


There is my husband, 6' 2" and eyes of blue in the kitchen he built. He used beetle wood for all my cabinet doors. I have one of a kind kitchen. I think that man can create or repair anything. He can't spell his way out of a paper bag but is a superb artist with pencil or oils, is great at drafting, has built three houses himself. He doesn't like doing electric stuff much but has done some and he avoids doing anything with the vehicles. He also taught his girls to sew, knit and crochet. His stitches are way neater than mine. He can darn too. Nothing he can't do except spell. He's almost perfect.

This is the view from my kitchen window this morning, we had about 4" of snow overnight and it has been snowing all day. I was too lazy to go outside to take it. You can see part of the solarium and deck that hubby built. The bush goes on and on for miles.

Thankfully we invested in an ATV with a blade this year so he was able to clear the driveway, whereas in previous years we have both been out there shoveling.

Obviously I forgot that there was a net window there, but here is Annie the dog coming to investigate what I have in my hand. I used the zoom. She is a Maremma dog and they are completely unique in temperament, we rescued her from a shelter, she does not think of herself as a pet at all. Shed, I have never seen anything like it, I have to vacuum nearly every day otherwise the place looks dreadful. She wants to be wherever my husband is so I haven't the heart to insist she stay outside. She loves winter though and is quite comfortable outside at -20C.

I think most of my pictures are going to be white for the next six months. Looks like the snow is here to stay.

11 comments:

Jeni said...

Boy, you have been a posting fool today now haven't you? Really interesting stuff in all of 'em too! I -like you - don't have a good grasp on this ranking thing of Google's or anyone else for that matter. I did finally get my code line inserted - now, to sit and wait a couple more days I suppose to see what gives. I had planned today to survey some of the options available for paid posts, but didn't sleep well last night so I was a bit on the slow and very groggy side all day. Probably will fall asleep after supper and that then will trigger me to be up most of the night then - just can't win sometimes ya know. I'm hoping to earn enough that I too can invest in a digital camera and hopefully, learn how to use it with the computer, etc. I'm not very well oriented about those things though so it may be a rough road for me there. But I loved your photos of your house, husband, and Annie! Good job all the way around there!

Misty Dawn said...

Your husband sounds like an absolutely amazing man!

I LOVE your dog. She reminds me of the Great Pyrenees we had.

Looks like you are doing great with the camera!

Two Write Hands said...

The snow is just beautiful. Don't tell me neighbors (because they'd kill me) but I'm so jealous! :)

Mary said...

Great photos. That new camera sounds terrific.

Your husband did a beautiful job with the cupboards.

Love that dog. I have an Alaskan Malamute who thinks he's a person. LOL He is also comfortable outside when the temperatures drop. He sheds terribly as well. All summer we vacuumed at least once a day. Now that it's cooler we can get by every other day if need be.

Thanks for visiting my blog and posting on the Christmas Blessings. I hope you will add your post and your name to Mr. Blinky on Monday.

Blessings,
Mary

Jen said...

I love the idea of making the cabinets out of beetle wood :) I think I saw a thing on TV about some students at UNBC making use of it for some new "fandagled" idea...some sort of pressed wood I think. here's a link: http://www.unbc.ca/media/2007/09_concrete.html

Your dogs is beautiful. I really wish we had that snow, it's so pretty. Great idea to have a blade on the ATV, - makes short work of an otherwise hard job I bet!

Bong (JB) said...

Nice place. And your dude looks like Saint Nick on his day off. My pa also built our original house on his own, only needing help to get the posts up. It was 2 stories tall as I remember. Or at least that's the way ma tells the story (My pa's a soldier and even when he was still alive he was seldom home as they're always out smoking some other dude).

When my ma tells me stories about my pa, it's always oozing with love and admiration like your post about your hubby.

Nice shots too and we'll be expecting more pics of your winter wonderland, I presume?

RUTH said...

Lovely photos...love your kitchen. You've had so much snow...bet my grandchildren would love to be there :o)
Stay well and warm
Rx

Danielle Blogging for Balance said...

Oh I am so glad you got a new camera and we can enjoy these photos and get to know you better. Did you know that it is good 'feng shui' to have that mirror on your desk??? I can't believe all that snow!!! I am complaining about the 50 degree weather that we have been hit with rather early here in Florida and you have snow!!! Your dog and husband are adorable...and not necessarily in that order (grin)

Shelby said...

aaawwwww precious family and home pics...

Mousie/Paisible said...

now what's that ...your husband looks so much like mine...except Jean is older...but the same white beard...surprising !!! your house looks beautiful dear, and Annie a nice cool lady...

Magdalen Islands said...

We are in a rain storm right now and might get snow sometime this winter. Beautiful dog. I love dogs and horses and cats and birds..., all animals.