Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Why sugar is bad for you

So don't eat too many cookies over Christmas! cookies

Here are just some of the things sugar does to your body

  1. Sugar can produce an acidic digestive tract.
  2. Sugar can cause arthritis.
  3. Sugar can cause asthma.
  4. Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
  5. Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
  6. Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
  7. Sugar is enemy #1 of the bowel movement.
  8. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraine.
  9. Sugar can cause depression.
  10. Sugar and cause dyspepsia (indigestion).
  11. High refined sugar diet reduces learning capacity.
  12. Sugar can lead to dizziness.
  13. Sugar feeds cancer.
  14. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability.
  15. High sugar intake can cause epileptic seizures.
  16. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.
  17. Sugar can increase the amount of food that you eat.
  18. Sugar induces salt and water retention.
  19. Sugar may contribute to mild memory loss.
  20. Sugar causes constipation.

For the full list checkout '146 Reasons why sugar is bad for you'

5 comments:

thailandchani said...

Great timing on this! I just cut sugar out of my diet a week ago. My purpose was weight loss but these added benefits certainly strengthen my resolve. :)

Cicero Sings said...

When we started our cleanse on Dec 12th, sugar was absolutely ruled out. Our cleanse is over and we are still off sugar ... for the time being. One does feel a LOT better when off of sugar. We will inevitably go off the wagon when we leave for the coast and over Christmas (hard to keep clean when eating out) but even at best, we don't eat tons of sugar. We've done 3 Wild Rose Cleanses now and have become accustomed to eating less and less sugar. Now, some sweets are TOO sweet!!

Ruth said...

When I eat a sugar-free diet (the longest I went was 6 months) I have so much more energy and never get sick. We are surrounded by so much of it...everywhere. Thanks for the reminder.

Misty Dawn said...

Wow - this is making me think I should never touch another sugar cookie again! I have to admit - I'm a sugar addict... I'm one of those people who has 'a little bit of coffee with my sugar' ;-)

Jeni said...

Now you're gonna make me feel guilty for making cookies! But on another note, stop by my blog and pick up an award I have there for you -one very lo-calorie, sugar free but sweet all the same.