Monday, April 28, 2008

11 Ways To Go Green

Going green doesn’t need to be difficult or complicated. Even small steps count, and what you do every day can help keep your family and the planet healthy.

1. Dry your washing outside if you have your own yard or sunroom

2. Wash your laundry in cold water

3. Clean with baking soda and vinegar rather than chemicals

4. Change to efficient light bulbs

5. Switch off electric lights when not in use

6.. Walk, take a bike or bus rather than drive

7.. Take shorter showers

8. Recycle containers

9. Start composting

10. Wash your baby's diapers rather than use disposables

11. Bring your own bags to the store





Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I'm guilty for not hanging out my wash. I do usually do so for my bedding though.

The cold water thing...I'll have to see if I can figure out the settings on the washer. It's one of those complicated front loaders.

How about not cleaning...haha. Nah, it's a good idea.

Lightbulbs...very good idea. As I sit here in the dark.

Walking. Also good for your health. There's not a whole lot of places within walking distance to me, but I do walk to the library more often then I drive.

I take pretty quick showers. We all do, except my one sister. After years of TRYING to get her to take shorter showers, I officially give up. LOL!

Recycle. Done! Paper, plastic and cans.

Composting. We HAVE a compose bin. I have to get my parents to start using it again.

Diapers. No babies here...but when we did, we used cloth primarily. Pampers would have been too expensive for three babies.

Own bags. Between my mom and I-we have tons of cloth bags we got for free at a nursing conference...going to remind her to put them to good use when she does the grocery shopping.