Saturday, May 17, 2008

7 Pains you shouldn't ignore

Whoever coined the term "necessary evil" might have been thinking of pain. No one wants it, yet it's the body's way of getting your attention when something is wrong. You're probably sufficiently in tune with your body to know when the pain is just a bother, perhaps the result of moving furniture a day or two before or eating that third enchilada. It's when pain might signal something more serious that you need a guide. WebMD consulted doctors in cardiology, internal medicine, geriatrics, and psychiatry so you'll understand which pains you must not ignore -- and why.

1. Worst Headache of Your Life

2: Pain or Discomfort in the Chest, Throat, Jaw, Shoulder, Arm, or Abdomen

3: Pain in Lower Back or Between Shoulder Blades

4: Severe Abdominal Pain

5: Calf Pain

6: Burning Feet or Legs

7: Vague, Combined, or Medically Unexplained Pains

For more detail explanation check out 7 Pains You Shouldn't Ignore

If are a woman and don't know that the symptoms of a heart attack are quite different from a man here is a link to my other blog where I have listed the symptoms.

Symptoms of heart disease in women

4 comments:

ChrisJ said...

I thought I recognized that music -- YANNI -- of course. I like the wildness of the northern summers but I know I would find the winters hard to take. Living down here you would think I'd got used to all the beautiful weather, but since I lived my first 21 years in England, I still have to squeeze out the last bit of sunshine on my patio. I do love the long twilight evenings as you go north. It's dark here by 8:00 pm

For The People said...

Had that pressure in chest at 27 yoa. Went to hospital, woke up three days later. Heed this warning everyone. You may not get a second chance like I did.

Suzanne James said...

Hi, I agree. I was in the hospital recently for something I thought was the flu, but I had been accidentally poisoned.

Dana Prince said...

Great advice.
Thanks!