Here is a list of signs that could indicate that you are a Highly Sensitive Person.
1.Can you hear things others cannot, especially high-pitched sounds?
2. Do you notice smells that others miss?
3. Do you know what other people need before they ask?
4. Do you notice the flicker on older computer screens or older fluorescent fixtures?
5. Do you get “overwhelmed” by joy when you experience great beauty: A beautiful sunset, an incredible musical performance, the smile of your child?
6. Do you feel threatened or uneasy in large crowds or big cities?
7. Do you have “emotional radar” that picks up on what others are feeling?
8. Do you pick up physical symptoms from other people?
9. Does reading or hearing about bad news have a dramatic impact on your mood?
10. If you see a bad car accident does it affect you for the entire day?
11. Have you been diagnosed with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and/or do you experience a noticeable drop in your energy and mood during the winter?
12. Have you ever had a transcendent or mystical experience?
13. Do you have a strong reaction when you drink caffeine or when you attempt to stop?
14. Do you have food sensitivities or allergies?
15. Do you have allergies or asthma?
16. Does alcohol affect you quickly.
17. Are you sensitive to over-the-counter, prescribed or illegal drugs?
18. If you have ever had surgery, did it take longer to recover from the effects of the anesthesia than from the surgery itself?
19. Is being in a calm, peaceful environment very important for you?
20. Do you get claustrophobic when you spend too much time indoors?
21. Is it important for you to spend time alone?
22. Do you experience dramatic mood swings, sometimes for no apparent reason?
23. Do you know when people are lying to you?