Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bad news always seem to come in threes

  1. The tax man sent me a letter today and he wants some money
  2. My hubby's prostrate count is up
  3. I have been diagnosed with Diabetes 2


While I hate to give the tax man anything that is more annoying than anything else. My husband's prostate count is a little worrying but it is being closely monitored so is of concern but not too worrying at the moment. He has to go for more tests but there is no talk of cancer. My diagnosis with diabetes is very disheartening as I have been a very careful eater since I had my first child. I don't eat cake, cookies or candy, I haven't for years. I watch everything that I eat and exercise and still I get diabetes. So now I have to get a blood glucose monitor and have my kidney's checked to see if there is damage etc.

So far today has not gone well, but at least there has not been a cyclone or earthquake in the village today,so why should I gripe. I have a roof over my head and a little money in the bank, I don't have the right to moan, do I ?

Anyone else out there with diabetes? How are you managing? Maybe I should find a blog that addresses that.

So as my husband often says "I am going outside to eat worms"

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Sorry to hear of your "bad news trio" there. I think of the three, the one I would be most upset by is the tax man. You know the old adage though "The only two things in life that are inevitable -death and taxes!" And boy, they can both be royal pains in the dupa too, can't they?
Hope you get the diabetes thing under control though and things revert back to a more normal status for you then.

Carver said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope the diabetes will be manageable. I don't know very much about it although I've known several people that had it. Take care, Carver

Cicero Sings said...

So how are the worms tasting? Are they good for a type 2 Diabetic? I do think you will be able to find tastier fare than that ... to manage your diabetes!! Truly, I'm sorry you have to deal with diabetes ... what a bummer.

Prostate ... by girlfriend's husband drank copious amounts of parsley juice!

Taxes, sigh, just can't seem to be avoided ... unless one becomes a street person!

. said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of the bad news you've had lately. I've had one of those spells too where bad news hits all at once. Severalyears ago, my grandfather passed away. During the time he passed away, my cousin was injured in a serious semi-truck accident. My ex-husband whom I was still married to at that time, refused to be there for me.

Minnesotablue said...

Diabetes runs in my husbands family. Although he doesn't have it, out of thirteen chidren five have been diagnosed. They all live happy productive lifes. It sure hasn't slowed them down and I'm sure you won't be slowed down either. Good luck.

Brenda said...

Sorry to hear about all your bad news. Hope things begin to look up for you.

jmb said...

Oh dear, not good Vic Grace. Not much you can do about the tax man, hopefully your husband will be fine. My husband had prostate cancer with a low PSA so it is not a totally accurate thing. What triggered the biopsy was an increase but only from 3 to 5. Just as well as it turns out. He had radiation treatment two years ago and so far so good.
You must be feeling really betrayed by your diabetes since you have done everything right. I hope all goes well for you with treatment.

Skittles said...

Sending you warm fuzzy thoughts. I was diagnosed with Type II in the year 2000.. and when they told me (over the phone) I was afraid to eat anything for fear I would drop dead right then and there.

Of course I didn't and I have a hard time sticking to a good meal plan. Truth be told sometimes I don't even bother because now and then you just have to have a burger or something deep fried.

The sugar testing is almost painless these days. It's improved so much over the years.

I'm pretty sure your doctor will refer you to a Nutritionist who can explain all about what's good and how much etc.

Suzanne James said...

I owe the tax man - glad I am Canadian. I agree about the three thing