Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Heads or Tails - Any Tom Dick or Harry

Skittles started a meme some time ago called Heads or Tails this week the theme is to write about any Tom Dick or Harry

Better late than never writing this.

My very first boyfriend was called Tom. We knew each other from travelling out to the middle east. We both went to different boarding schools and would see each other every summer vacation in Iraq. When my parents left Iraq due to a revolution they bought a little bungalow in a place called Peacehaven near Brighton on the south coast of England and it turned out that Tom and his parents had been living there for years. So we became a couple, at least as much as my parents would allow.

I think I was about sixteen at the time and had started wearing a little makeup and especially lipstick. Tom and I went out on a date and on the way home we had a little smooch at the bus stop, because we knew my father would be almost looking up the street to see if I was coming home. I had a 9pm curfew so there wasn't a lot we could go to.

It was the next day that my step-mother let me know she had a call from Tom's mother remarking on the amount of lipstick that Tom had on his face when he came home the evening before.  I think Tom got such a teasing from his elder brother and sister it put a damper on our romance.

1 comment:

Skittles said...

What a sweet story!!! It was worth waiting for. :)