Monday, May 26, 2008

Heads or Tails - My job

Skittles has a meme called Heads or Tails and this week it is called 'My Job'

Looking back I tried to remember the different jobs I have had

  1. Typist in typing pool  was my first job in London England
  2. Secretary to various chartered accountants, in London and also in Vancouver when I first came to Canada
  3. Exercise instructor, then staff trainer and finally district manager first in Vancouver, finally in Illinois
  4. Health food sales rep back in Vancouver
  5. Personnel company sales rep and manager
  6. Airline reservations agent
  7. Mom, homeschool teacher
  8. Cleaning lady, had my own business
  9. Computer instructor
  10. Hotel rooms manager, probably the job I hated most but there wasn't a lot of opportunities so stuck it for ten years
  11. Painters helper, my hubby had his own painting and decorating business so I went to help sometimes
  12. Retired

I am sure I have forgotten something in that lot, I obviously like variety and will have a go at anything.

12 comments:

Jeni said...

That is quite an interesting assortment of jobs you've had over the years. I'd hate to have to try to list the various jobs I've had. That would be really taxing on my poor old brain!

Skittles said...

You sure have have a lot of different jobs in your life! Which was your favorite?

Oh shoot.. I need to fix your link, don't I? I'll do that now. :)

Tina said...

wow you have had loads of jobs! good to have variety though i think. i would hate to be stuck at same job all my life.

When i have to go back to work ill do something completely different than before.

Thanks for stopping by x

Hootin' Anni said...

#12.....awwwwwwwwww, life like this can't be beat!!! I'm right there withya on that one.

Wonderful H o T entry this week. Can you come visit with me now?

peppylady said...

Quite a few different jobs. As a growing up I could list my jobs under 3 different category's homecare, my own business, and restaurant and I have to say no Thank you to that one.


Mine is up.

Sue said...

Retirement sounds really good right now....but I am a ways off from that yet :(

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Rambler said...

so many wonderful jobs..

Gina said...

what a great variety of different jobs, I bet they were all interesting in their own way.

Stop by my HOT:
HERE

Inspiration Alley said...

Variety is the spice of life, so they say. Interesting mix of jobs you've had over the years.

storyteller said...

Wow … such variety in your work experience!!! My life seems so limited after reading this …(smile)… and yet my ‘single’ career was filled with ‘variety’ as well … and I have no complaints. Mine’s at Small Reflections, after my Ten on Tuesday post. Isn’t retirement a blessing!!!
Hugs and blessings,

Alice - I Was Born2Cree8 said...

Variety is the spice of life... isn't that grand!

Have a wonderful week.

Amy said...

You've done so many interesting things!