Friday, May 30, 2008

Planning 2010's Mexico vacation

As some of you know we are going this coming winter to San Carlos, Sonora, which is located across from the Baja Peninsula not too far from the US border. We have booked a little house, just for a month, and I am really looking forward to it. I have bchurch in Playa de Carmenought a few things with the trip in mind. I needed something a little dress up (not much) to go out to dinner and maybe attend church as people are a little more formal there, so I have been scouring the thrift stores and found a nice black and white floral wrap around ankle length skirt which doesn't crease and folds up to nothing, and on another occasion, a top in white but of the same material, so I have that part of my Mexican wardrobe done. My husband thinks I am funny getting things so early but when thrifting one gets it when one sees it.

The following year we will probably try a different place in Mexico perhaps over on the Caribbean side. I have been looking at Cancun vacation rentals as a possible choice. Another choice could be with Playa de Carmen vacation homes for approximately three months.

I don't know if I should consider a condo or go for one of the villas, they are all so gorgeous so coming from a little modular home in northern BC it seems a bit grand, and hubby will want to take Annie the dog so that may be a problem. Wherever we decide to go vacation rentals in Mexico is how we plan to spend our winters in future.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, I've never been to Mexico or the Caribbean or, well no place south of Camp A. P. Hill, Virginia on the east coast, so I have nothing to offer you with respect to where to go, where to stay, etc. However, I definitely agree with your thrift shopping and that you have to snatch those kind of bargains up when you see 'em! Early bird definitely gets the worm with stuff like that!

Kirk said...

I have had a great experience with http://www.moskitoplayadelcarmen.com for my vacation rentals.

Anonymous said...

San Carlos Sonora Mexico is the perfect place/home for snowbirds or anyone wanting a winter home in the sun, but not with the tropical heat. It is NOT for tourists unless they are looking for a completely MEXICAN resort town. Generally, San Carlos is a resort town that caters to snowbirds in the winter months, and Mexicans in the busiest spring and summer seasons. From December to March, the ocean is too cold to swim in, so if you're expecting to find tropical and ocean swimming, San Carlos is not the place for you. We like San Carlos very much and plan to spend 5 to 6 months there rather than home with Canadian winters, but it is NOT what one would likely want if they're looking for a HOT, tropical mid winter vacation. Hope this was helpful!