Saturday, May 03, 2008

Trying to merge business with pleasure

Mailboxes are always a problem where I live because of the wildlife. If you do not have a racoon family in there you may have some other creature using it. Even the bears like to check them out to see if there is anything worthwhile in there. So we cannot have mailboxes here and have to go down to the village for our mail. But when I lived on Vancouver Island I had a very attractive mail box and it was nice to have mail delivered to the door. I grew a clematis all over it so it probably was a bit of a nuisance for the mail man.

Later on we had to exchange my cute little mail box for a much larger one because my new husband was running his business out of the house and he received quite a bit of mail. I was looking for ideas on what would look attractive with our style of house, I did not want some big ugly monster outside and eventually I found a  mail box that would suit  his business and that would please me too.

No comments: