Monday, June 23, 2008

Heads or Tails - Line

A couple of years ago hubby and I went out fishing for salmon on the big lake. We had not had a very good time so far and although we could see others catching fish we were not. Suddenly I caught a big one, it felt really heavy and my line was bent right over. Hubby is yelling instructions and slowly I pulled out a large ocean going net, brand new, it must have fallen off a boat although it was really too big for lake fishing. He still has it and intends to use it when he goes up to Prince Rupert in a few days to catch halibut. We never did catch any fish that day but we did okay the next and since then we have learned how to fish the big lake for salmon but we fish the smaller lakes for trout. Actually I have not been fishing for a long time since hubby's friend moved up here. I could if I wanted to but the men like to go out for a long time, over five hours, and just a couple of hours would be fine by me so I have given it up but I might insist that hubby takes me just for a little while a least once this summer.

 

Visit Heads or Tails to see more posts

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Hope you get to go fishing some time this summer -for a short period of time at any rate.
I checked the blog you e-mailed me about, commented and invited her to visit and/or e-mail me too!
Thanks for the heads-up, Vic.

bevies-place said...

That is a really good story. It reminds me of the saying about giving a man fish and he has a feed, teach him how to fish and he will have a lifetime of food. Well, you caught a net and that is a very practical fishing trophy. And since you caught the net, you are actually the one who has provided a lifetime of fish.

Well, it makes sense to me:)

My HoT is up at my place:http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/#bevies_place29322

forgetfulone said...

A very clever take on the prompt! Mine is up, too.

Hootin' Anni said...

Excellent line...a fish tale if ever I read one. The big one got away, right? And to actually fish for fresh water salmon would be a dream come true for me. Wow.

Mine's shared.

Skittles said...

I used to go fishing when I was younger.. and me and hubby have thought about taking it up.

Rambler said...

have never fished before..always imagined it to involve lot of patience which unfortunately I am always short of :)

Linda - Nickers and Ink said...

Fishing LINE . . . that's a new take on the prompt. Well done.

MANATEE OF VANITY, at Nickers and Ink

Blessings,
Linda

PS: Don't forget to play at SIMPLY SNICKERS this week . . . posting new poetry prompts every Sunday.

storyteller said...

Your story reminds me of the many times I went fishing with my husband over the years. The stories are endless and entertaining … and the memories good. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,