Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Heads or Tails - Wait

Wait has been on my lips more times than not these couple of weeks. I have missed so many camera opportunities because my models wouldn't wait. I was driving out the other day and a lynx froze beside the road, one could hardly see it amongst the brush, I rushed to get the camera out and poof it was gone. Then another day a small herd of mule deer was browsing as I drove by, I stopped and got the camera out and if on cue they slipped quietly away before I could take the shot.  I wanted to take a shot of the lovely little blue butterflies that are out now but they just won't keep still, unfortunately the only sitting candidate was the blue jay family making their nest in the front porch but they just recently abandoned the nest.

The day before yesterday Annie the dog was barking frantically and hubby went to see what it was all about.  I looked out of the solarium window and saw a large, presumably male, black bear that was making a bee line for the deck, probably remembering that he had found some seed last year. I rushed to get the camera and my bear banger (sounds like a gun shot but won't kill anything) but before I got back hubby and Annie had chased it away.

So I suppose I am not destined to be a photographer, I am just not fast enough.

Visit Heads or Tails to see more posts

4 comments:

bevies-place said...

That is a great take on the theme...the models that wont wait!

My HoT is up at my place:
http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/#bevies_place27662

storyteller said...

Thanks for the Firefox 3 reminder and the ‘fix’ for gmail link. My computer’s too slow to do anything this afternoon, but tomorrow morning I might be able to make these work. If not, I’ll certainly do it once my new Dell arrives. It will have 4 gigs of RAM and a FAST processor! This machine is almost 6 years old with just 512 mgs of RAM … sigh! I’ve been doing LOTS of ‘waiting’ … and speaking of waiting I’m sorry you missed the shot of the lynx, mule deer, and butterflies … glad you captured the blue jay family. I’ve never heard of a ‘bear banger’ … but then we don’t have bears here at the beach in So Cal. I created and published MY HoTs post yesterday afternoon at Small Reflections before I learned it had been canceled this week. I hope you’ll stop by when time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Cicero Sings said...

Good things come to those that wait ... so don't give up yet! Sooner or later some models will cooperate ... though it is too bad about that lynx! I'd have been real sad about that. Butterflies are extremely flighty and I've had little success with them this year.

david mcmahon said...

That's how long we've been friends, Vic.

I remember the original post - and it was the first time I'd heard the expression ``bear banger''.