Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Trying out ScribeFire for Firefox3

When I upgraded to Firefox 3 I was no longer able to use an extension for Windows Live Writer a
program which I really liked.

So I have downloaded the updated version of ScribeFire a blogging tool which works with Firefox and am giving it a whirl.

Not sure if it can do all the things I liked about Live Writer, which has some nice plugins but it is early days yet. It does have some nice features though and it means I do not have to leave the Firefox browser. You can drag pictures which normally I would have to save and then load it again. That is a nice feature and a tremendous time saver. Also I just dragged the text below in. Looks like this will work really well and there are plenty of reviews from happy bloggers so worth a try.

ScribeFire is a full-featured blog editor that integrates with your browser and lets you easily post to your blog. You can drag and drop formatted text from pages you are browsing, take notes, upload images, and post to multiple blogs.

You can add your categories and add a time stamp, plus I can pull up any old post should I wish to. It will handle multiple blogs too. You can use the html code feature if needed and it offers the ability to include YouTube videos and Flicker and you can preview your post.

I will still use Live Writer on occasion. LW has a few plugins I find useful, word count for example which I use if I am writing a post for an advertising company and I want to know if I have enough words and I like some of their picture manipulation plugins but on the whole I think ScribeFire will do a great job.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Vic Grace said...

Checking out Better GReader comments