Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm loving it

I left home about 7Fraser River 1:30 am and drove to Prince George where I tried out my new laptop with the WiFi and it worked great. I stayed in Prince George about two hours and went into Michael's Craft Store where I bought a starter beading kit. I have never done that before but will give it a try and see how creative I can be. Then I drove on towards McBride, as I was leaving Prince there was a sign saying that make sure you have enough gas as nothing for 202 km. Why would they put a sign like that after you passed the last gas station. I probably had enough gas but rather than risk it I had to backtrack to get some gas. It was a lovely uneventful drive, I stopped by the Fraser River at a rest stop for a little while. It was very hot. I arrived at McBride just before 5pm played with the laptop a bit and then went out for a Chinese meal. I love this sense of independence I could do this a lot. Tomorrow I plan to get up early and drive on to Calgary, about 10hours as I will not go through Jasper Park because it will be slow going because of all the tourists.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I am so envious of you and your traveling right now laptop and all! I can relate to what you said too about the feeling of independence -what I wouldn't give to be albe to take even a little jaunt like that! On the plus side here, my son-in-law says he thinks they should have the jeep (1998 Cherokee) that he has been working on to get it running, looking ok, passing inspection, etc., ready for me to hop in it and have my own set of wheels once again! Hip hip, Hoorway! A month of being wheel-dependent on Mandy is more than enough to have me ready for the funny farm.

Cicero Sings said...

I've been without wheels most of the summer for the 3rd summer. Ugh. While I'm generally happy to be at home, sometimes the confining of it wears on me!

Fun, this having your lap top! We get to keep up on your travels.

Brenda said...

Glad you are having a nice trip.