Saturday, September 27, 2008

Been away for a couple of days

Terrace, British ColumbiaImage via Wikipedia

We took a drive up to Terrace on Thursday and stayed overnight. It was a beautiful Fall day and the drive was very pretty. Terrace has a lot more stores than we have in our area so the 4 hour drive was worth it. We bought some new clothes and I purchased a wireless router so my husband can learn about the internet on my laptop while I am on the main computer, and I also purchased some more beads. They have an enormous craft store there. Here are a few shots of the trip.



skeena

This is a shot of the Skeena River looking towards the Skeena Mountains.

Moricetown

Moricetown Canyon. The Bulkely River rushes through here and it is very deep. The salmon make their way up it and the first nations people are waiting with hand nets to scoop them out of the water. There are places in the gorge that are over 200 feet deep. Last year a truck went into it and they have never recovered it.

North

We just had to turn left and we would have been on our way to Alaska. Hubby wanted to go.

To see a few more pics click here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Jeni said...

That's cool that you and your husband got a little "get-away" shopping trip in and you got some new stuff -probably planning ahead for your Mexico trip now aren't you?
I looked at the other photos you took on the most recent trip and the scenery there is, indeed, absolutely breath taking! The ones of the water in the gorge though -wow -scary! Very scary to me as I am terrified of heights combined with water! High bridges really give me the willies!

Cicero Sings said...

Lovely pictures. I've been only as far as Moricetown Canyon. D was working in Smithers and I went for a visit!

We have a wireless router so we both can be on the computers at the same time.

Glad you had some fun shopping ... some "city" time!

Carver said...

Those are fabulous shots. Looks like so much fun to me.

david mcmahon said...

Next time, turn left and tell us everything !!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful place!