Monday, September 22, 2008

Can you believe it!

Yesterday morning I decided to colour my hair, I do it every eight weeks or so as I have a little grey starting at the temples but on my light reddish brown hair I really don't like it. If I had dark hair it would look smart but it just looks sort of grizzled.

I had gloop all over my head and the door bell rings, can you believe it? No one comes up here much but there it was ringing. So I answered the door and told my visitor that her timing was bad so she said she would come over in an hour.

When she came over we had a cup of tea and visited for a little while and then there was another knock on the door and it was her husband come to tell her he was home and would she come and make him some lunch. Can you believe it, is he so incapable that he can't throw a sandwich together.

My husband has too much self respect than to ever do such a thing. I was shocked.

5 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

I can believe it ... one of my girlfriends has a husband like that!

Helena said...

I need to colour mine again! I only did it the beginning of August but already the white ones are popping up to say hullo!

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me when I hear how useless some men are!! Good grief!

I have been poorly lately and especially since Friday- I have hurt my back really badly. It has been hard to even walk to the toilet! Standing up is excruciating as the area between my spine and hip suddenly 'jars' and it is agony. My partner is at work, a teacher, all day, but has been coming home and making dinner for us both. I get up and stumble about and try my best to help and do things like the washing up, but he tells me off and practically carries me back to my chair!

Normally we share - if I cook, he washes up, and vice versa. But really, if he has been out at work all day I think he probably wants a rest and not to cook, so I cook. I wash up some of it as I go along, then he washes up the last bits after dinner and makes some tea.

These last few days he won't hear of me doing anything at all.

I just couldn't bear to be with a man who can't take care of himself like your friend's husband. Quite apart from anything else, how will he look after her if she ever needs it????

I also think that even the lowliest animals can take care of themselves - they keep their habitat clean and they feed themselves. So why can't men?

Pah!!!!

Brenda said...

Pretty sad and pathetic in this day and age.

Jeni said...

Sounds to me like you may have just met my ex-husband. He could be the most helpless fool ever at times -especially in the kitchen. Except on Sunday mornings when suddenly he would turn into a great omelet chef! Go figure, huh?

silverneurotic said...

My friend's dad is like that, if he comes home and there's no dinner he'll get upset. I just don't get it.

www.silverneurotic.weebly.com