Monday, October 27, 2008

Trying out some blogging enhancements

I found a new gadget that allows me to blog directly from my iGoogle page. It is pretty basic but for simple posts will work fine. If you are interested click on Add Stuff and type Blogger and you will find it.  This post was written from iGoogle, but my favorite blogging tool is Windows Live Writer which has a lot of plugins available to enhance a post.  I do have the ScribeFire extension on Firefox because it allows drag and drop from a website into a post.

I also read Blogger Buzz where they posted the option of putting the comment form at the bottom of the post, but it did not seem to work for me, so went back to the comment page.When the kinks are out I probably will enable it.

Another option mentioned on Blogger Buzz is to follow blogs but since it repeated the list of blogs I already read and I would have two lists the same I did not bother with it. Although it does show on your profile so I guess that might be helpful in creating a link for a blogging friend. I will have to think about it.

Finally there is  Zemanta which is a neat tool. It finds suitable links to add to your post.  I have added my favorite blogs as sources for links. So if I write a post and you have written something related it might show up on my post. All helps in promoting each others blog.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Gene Bach said...

Pretty technical there Vic. I've always been lucky to just do "simple" myself. LOL!

By the way, I decide to start blogging again and threw up a new post if you wanted to check it out.