Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're back

We got back last night. We had a great family get together and of course I had taken too much, but all the food got eaten. I was pretty good and did not indulge in the sweet stuff, just had a tiny bit.

We took four days to come home as we drove through southern Alberta and British Columbia to check out possible places where we would like to move. I think we have decided that Merritt BC fits both hubby's wants and mine. Most of the other places we looked at were still a little bit isolated for me. We took a side trip and dropped in to see friends in Kamloops and then we were planning to make it to Prince George that night but we had to stop in 100 Mile House on Monday night because the snow was coming down fast and visibility was bad. I waved to Karen as we drove passed Lone Bute and Eileen as we went past 108 Mile House, (other Cariboo blogging buddies).

We got into Burns Lake about 3pm and I did a large shopping as there was nothing left in the house and we got home at 5pm as the snow started again. We had about 20cm (8") last night so we were lucky to get home when we did.

Hubby is out clearing it now and I have been catching up on laundry and email etc. We both gained a little weight, not from over eating but sitting around for nearly ten days. So now I have to try and lose it again.

Anyway I will slowly get around to visiting folk. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year. Only five weeks till we leave for Mexico Horray!

11 comments:

Joy in the Burbs... said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely and had a wonderful family Christmas.
Good that you are narrowing down places for your potential move.
I know you are looking forward to your Mexico trip. That sounds like fun!
Happy New Year!!

Joy

jmb said...

Welcome back and have a Happy New Year Vic Grace. Merritt? That sounds interesting.

Cicero Sings said...

Happy New Year Vic Grace! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Our company leaves on Friday ... I love the company but I really miss our meal and exercise regime when we are by ourselves! Yes, we too have gained. Bluck!

Too bad you couldn't have wheeled in but Monday was a snowy afternoon. Our friends from Quesnel passed us by the same day too, without stopping by! They were luck to get home when they did because the sewer pipe had frozen and "stuff" was starting to back up. Ugh. They caught it in the nick of time.

Jeni said...

Always good to see a post from you again -especially when I know you've been out traveling around. Good also to hear you had a great visit with your boys too.
Happy New Year now. Exercise a bit for me too now, will you?

silverneurotic said...

Happy New Year!

Brenda said...

Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas and that you are back safe and sound.
Hope you have a great New Year!
Mexico is waiting for you. I hope to meet you while you are here.

Blossom said...

Merrit is a gorgeous area! And nice and close to some larger centres too.

I think you might be in Mexico at the same time as my husband's parents. They are renting a house there for a month. The warm climate will be very welcome!!

Thanks for your comment on my post today. Coupons are usually worse than useless for us too because we rarely by convenience foods. My daughter has a soy allergy and it is in EVERYTHING. It was a hard adjustment but in some ways I am thankful as it keeps us from being tempted to buy a lot of junk!

Amy

Liz said...

We never get snow! Or if we do it's only about half an inch and disappears by bedtime.

Tammy said...

Happy New Year! May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2009!

Danielle Says Hello said...

Welcome home!! I was just thinking about you and what do you know....there was a comment from you!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!!!

Jean9 said...

Mexico! Wow! That will be such a welcome break with the winter that we are having. Just saying hello from Manitoba. My daughter and her hubby lived in 108 Mile Ranch for a number of years, the Cariboo is beautiful. I wish you a Happy New Years and safe travels.