Saturday, January 17, 2009

All things gray

There has been an enormous gray cloud over the village for several days. Because we live next to a huge lake, when it is cold but not cold enough, we get deep cloud as the lake water and the air differs in temperature. We have had a respite from the extreme cold the last little while and therefore we are surrounded in gray. Can't have it all ways it seems, although if you drive out of the village you suddenly come into bright sunshine and on the other side of the lake you can see the sun shining on the opposite bank. It is like we are in perpetual dusk. I am sure looking forward to the bright sunshine of Mexico.

I have been fighting winter depression a bit lately. I thought I was doing okay until hubby mentioned that he could see that I was a bit depressed. I wonder what it is he senses when I feel this way because I think I am functioning as normal.

4 comments:

Joy in the Burbs... said...

I think that sunshine is just what the doctor ordered. But not that last doctor you went to.


Joy

Cicero Sings said...

The one nice thing about where we live, we usually get a good bit of sunshine. It sure helps. We've been taking some liquid Vitamin D3 this year to help with the physical need for enough, strong enough sun.

Good that you don't have to hang in there too much longer.

silverneurotic said...

The winter has gotten me down too. I think that after awhile feeling blah starts feeling normal so you don't notice it, though people around you do.

VioletSky said...

I've often been surprised the same way - thinking I'm functioning normally, only to have someone make a comment...

(and Joy beat me to the same idea)