Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 Random things about me

My blogging friend Joy suggested we try and write 25 random things about ourselves in order to get ourselves known a little better so I thought I would give it a try. The only thing is I have been blogging for three years now and I expect you know pretty much all I can think up. I will try and do it chronologically.
  1. I was born in England, near London Airport at the end of World War II so I am a Baby Boomer
  2. My father was Welsh and my mother English Memories of my Welsh grandmother
  3. My father went to work in Iraq as the doctor suggested it for my mother's health - Wire
  4. My mother died when I was 5 and I went to live with my father's sister in West London
  5. I visited my father several times in Iraq
  6. My father remarried
  7. I went to boarding school in Ascot, Berkshire -post Where or Wear
  8. I got my first job working in the City of London - Oh how times have changed
  9. I married an Australian immigrated to Canada when I was 21, and lived in Toronto for 1 1/2 years
  10. We toured the United States and Mexico then ended up in Vancouver, BC
  11. We amicably divorced
  12. I lived in downtown Vancouver near Stanley Park for a few years
  13. I went to work in Illinois during the Watergate scandal Just one of my career ventures
  14. I remarried and spent the next few years having babies - 3 sons
  15. Went back to England for a year to see if we would like to be closer to family
  16. Returned to Canada to Fort St. John, BC as it was a boom town at that time
  17. Three years later we went to Edmonton, Alberta so my husband could attend Bible College
  18. I decided to home school my three sons One of the achievements of which I am proud
  19. After college visited Disneyland then returned to Fort St. John as he became Trainee Pastor for 1 year
  20. Moved to many places finally ending up in Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island, BC
  21. Divorced after 18 years of gradually escalating abusive marriage.
  22. Ran my own house cleaning business, taught computers and acted as rooms manager in a hotel
  23. Remarried in 1998 and retired
  24. Moved from Qualicum Beach to Granisle, BC in 2003
  25. Yellow is my favourite colour.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I dunno Vic -considering you were one of my first bloggers to connect with -about two years ago now -judging from how many things on that list that I DIDN'T know before about you, I'd say you probably have a whole lot more of good stuff to tell us still!
Good list, very interesting. And do you know another of my favorite bloggers (on my blogroll) lives now on Qualicum Beach Island or whatever it is called?

Joy in the Burbs... said...

Wow Vic! I'm amazed. You could sing that Johnny Cash song "I've been Everywhere Man" haha

I'm so glad you wrote this.
I didn't know you homeschooled your boys. Were there lots of people doing it when you did or were you a pioneer.
I can tell you are a strong, amazing women. I admire you.

Joy

Cicero Sings said...

We lived in Taylor and shopped in Ft. St. John ... back when I was a young thing ... grade 3 and 4. I still want to go back and see that country again ... see if it rings any bells.

silverneurotic said...

I'm actually surprised at how many of those I remembered from various blog entries. I did not know you were married three times (I thought twice) and I didn't know that you home schooled your sons.