Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Heads or Tails - Previous theme - Watch

Skittles started a meme some time ago called Heads or Tails and this week we can select any previous theme to write about so I chose Watch.

One of the few things that I have that belonged to my mother is her watch. It must be about 80 years old now. Originally it had a velvet strap but I have never been able to replace it.


Amazingly the watch still works. I almost never wear it and it just sits in my jewelery case year after year. The only other things I have of my mother is her engagement ring and a picture taken just before her death with me in my new school uniform ready to attend kindergarten.

6 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Precious photo and watch, for sure. Wonderful post.

Lucy said...

aww how wonderful that you still have the watch and photo. It doesn't surprise me that it still works, they used to know how to build things that lasted years ago. Now, it's throw away items at inflated prices.
real nice post.

Skittles said...

What a wonderful keepsake that watch is, not to mention how beautiful and detailed it is.

My mom is saving my grandmother's wedding ring for me.

You sure favor your mother. Beauty runs in the family. :)

Misty Dawn said...

wow, what special keepsakes. I am so sorry you lost her so young.

Jon Juane said...

agreed! what fascinating things to still have! thanks for sharing. i love old photographs

Joy in the Burbs... said...

What a treasure to still have the watch. The picture is so sweet. She was so pretty and you were adorable all ready to go to K.


Joy