I have not felt like blogging much since we got back and not having the water on has been a little frustrating and slowing me down a bit. There is so much ice build up around the bottom of the trailer that it is a major undertaking to get at the pipes. I don't know how long we will have to wait for a good thaw.
I have several things I want to try to accomplish in the next few months. I hope they are realistic goals.
1. Learn some basic Spanish. I wish I knew someone who spoke it. I may learn it but understanding when someone talks back to me could be a problem.
2. Do some bead weaving, I want to make some dangly earrings with this method. I saw some Native American earrings I really liked and I thought I would try to do something similar but in other colours.
3. Make some wrap around skirts and possibly some tops to take to Mexico.. I thought I would make a reversible wrap around skirt with different patterns on each side so that would be two skirts for one and less packing. I might make some pants too with the same method. I had some trouble with my sewing machine, in that the thread would get tangled on the bottom side and then break so I have to try and fix that.
4. Finish a sweater I started eons ago but had to stop because of carpel tunnel, which is all better now and if I take it easy should be OK. It is in three colours, sage green, cream and blue. I knitted a cable in blue on a plain sage green background with cream ribbing on the edge. Doesn't sound great but it looks quite good. I only got the right front done when I had to pack it up and it peaks out from the bedroom cupboard once in a while and reminds me it is still there.
5. Last but not least and probably the most important really, is give this place a good spring cleaning. It is terrible what a wood stove does to a place. I pulled out our entertainment centre the day before yesterday and took everything off and you wouldn't believe the dust behind the TV. No wonder I have allergies. Yesterday I started on the kitchen cupboards, I got two done but today I thought it was time I got outside and cleaned the inside of the car up a bit. I wasn't out long as the wind was bitterly cold.
So I have been gainfully employed and no doubt will fall right back into blogging as the days go by.