Saturday, April 04, 2009

Doing a little bit of everything

I have been quite busy since I got back from Mexico and am trying to do quite a few things each day.

I have been taking a few cupboards apart and cleaning and resorting stuff, and trying to do a small spring cleaning job every day despite the fact that I have to lug water to do it as the pipes are still frozen. We can't just put a heater to them because they are all wrapped in insulation and enclosed in another pipe and whatever else and it becomes a big job, so we more or less have to wait for a thaw unless we want to go to some expense.

I have been studying some Spanish from lessons I found on the Internet and walking a mile down to the village and back, that is because the bears and flies are not here yet, but that will end in about a month as the bears will probably be out and about and I jump at every little sound if I am out walking and that doesn't do my blood pressure any good.

I started working on my cardigan that I put down two years ago, just doing a little bit each day as I don't want the carpel tunnel to return, when I started it I had been knitting and crocheting like crazy for the new grandson and I really hurt my wrist.

I sorted all my bead jewelry out and have been getting them ready for sale in the Info Centre which will open on May 18. I have been teaching myself to bead weave which is far more interesting than plain beading. I might even get myself a beading loom.

We got our taxes done this year, and this year we had a local woman do them and was a great relief to me not to have to agonize over the forms, I just hated it. Although we do not owe the government anything we did not get any relief on our drugs which would have been a great help.

We are both on Lipitor (isn't everyone) and they are so expensive, and there seems to be some controversy as to their real benefit. We have debated going off them altogether as the research indicates they may be doing as much harm as good. Cholesterol is not all bad in that our brains need it and they say just as many people with good cholesterol have heart attacks as those with so called bad cholesterol readings. We are going to talk to the doctor and see if there is a less expensive brand, although I have investigated purchasing a generic brand rather than going to a drug store and that seems quite a bit cheaper.

So blogging is taking a back seat lately, but I think that is as it should be as I think I have been spending far too much time at the computer over the last few years and I needed to develop some new interests and make myself be a bit more active.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I hear you on the blogging and finding new interest. I need to get out of my chair and get some exercise. I think I'm getting a bloggers bottom.
I'll blame it on that anyway.

I'd love to see pictures of your jewelry creations.


Joy

Anonymous said...

I know if you eat alot of barley it helps reduce the cholesterol, that's how we used to "finish of the hogs" before butchering... good luck on the medication delima, it's so hard. Nancy (Seattle)