Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Heads or Tails - Reason

Skittles has been running a meme called Heads or Tails for some time now and this week the theme is Reason.

I haven’t had a shower or bath for three weeks, just coping with two jugs of warm water. We have had to melt snow to flush the toilets as we have been following the maxim “if it’s yellow let it mellow if it is brown flush it down”. I have been boiling water to wash dishes, doing laundry elsewhere etc. and hubby has been hauling water in each day.

But finally today it has been resolved but can you guess the REASON we have not had any water for all this time. No, it was not frozen pipes as he thought. HE FORGOT TO TURN THE TAP ON BY THE WATER HEATER!!

Now I don’t think it would be reasonable to let him forget that do you? He is feeling a little foolish this afternoon I can tell you, but we did have a good laugh about it. So as soon as that water is hot it would be reasonable to assume that I for one will be indulging in a nice long shower.

8 comments:

peppylady said...

Oh no water. We live that way once upon a time.
Had to haul water and nothing wasted.
Hope it soon it fixed.

Coffee is on.

jmb said...

Well you had to laugh, what else could you do? I'm glad it was solved so easily and not really frozen pipes.

Grace said...

Oh my... I think I would have a problem with that... Hubby would have a hard time living this one down at my house.

Carver said...

That sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you have water now.

Autumn said...

Bummer! Well, at least you figured it out. :)

Jeni said...

Holy rip! All that time with no water and that's what the problem was, huh? Just glad you have the wonderful water back again and hope you enjoy a really long, long and very hot soothing shower too now! I know I sure would be relishing one after all that time!

Robyn Jones said...

LOL!

Poor guy...I guess we can cut him some slack...but I am betting it will be a joke for a while...

I am glad that your pipes weren't frozen though...that would have been so much worse..

Clare Mansell said...

I thought you'd be amused to know that around the table at the mess last night there was a discussion about things men have done that they've been frightened to admit to their wives, so I told them this story and the conclusion was that your husband was mad for owning up! :-)