Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trying to do it all

I have finished the blue wrap around skirt and went and bought more fabric today. I plan to be pretty in pink!. I have been learning new bead weaving stitches and trying them out and the sweater back is slowly growing, plus I am reading Queen by Alex Haley. Fortunately I can read and knit. I am letting blogging take a back seat, somehow since our holiday in Mexico it has not had the draw it had before, no doubt that will change.

Also I have been getting out more, walking down to the village and back, but soon the bears will be out and I am too jumpy to walk around here then. I think I might drive down to the village and walk around a bit down there although there isn't much to see but I am less likely to run into a bear there, although they do come into the village but more often at night. When I first moved here I thought the wildlife at the back door wonderful but now having bears constantly in the area has lost its appeal and it seems they are getting more aggressive each year. I wonder if global warming has something to do with it.

This afternoon I had to go help at the library, again!. I gave up the position over a year ago but they still need me to come down and sort things out, I told them this has to be the last time as I won't be here next winter at all.


3 comments:

Joy said...

I'd love to see a picture of your new skirt. I'm trying to make a skirt right now too. It's been a long time since I've tackled a pattern and fabric.
I got the pattern cut out and I need to get it pinned down.
It may take me a while.
The bear thing would scare me too!

Joy

Ana l Plank Flooring said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cicero Sings said...

I am so much more comfortable in a skirt. I wear one hiking when I can.

You've been a busy gal. Good for you! Blogging has taken more of a back seat with me too. Hard to come up with new stuff (other than puppy) and there are other, spring things that need doing.