Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spent Saturday morning being friendly

Since I rarely leave my castle up here on the hill to venture down among the common folk of the village (tongue in cheek) today was special.

First I went to the Seniors Bazaar and chatted to different ones about this and that and walked by the bake table without buying anything, not even for hubby he is getting a paunch which I am attacking against his better judgement.

Then I went over to the information centre where my jewelry is on display amongst other crafters offerings and visited with the woman in charge of that. I will have to take my turn next month hopefully on a quiet day.

So I spent two hours being social and since tomorrow is the day we drive into church, we only go every other week, that will be my social life for the next couple of weeks and frankly that is about all I want. I prefer to be alone, maybe I should change my name to Greta, what do you think? Greta Garbo was often associated with her famous line from Grand Hotel: "I want to be alone".



5 comments:

Jeni said...

Ja! I vant to be alone! Quite frequently, that describes me too. Although I think I may have a few more neighbors in relatively close proximity to me than you do at your location.
But, for the most part, sometimes I go the entire week without ever setting foot outside the house and it doesn't bother me at all. But if someone stops by, that's fine with me too.

Brenda said...

Glad there are others out there like us. People often can't figure out what we do for a social life when we live in a mexican neighborhood and don't speak the language very well. We spend most of our time together at home very happily. We enjoy being on our own, most people don't.

jmb said...

I'm getting a bit like that too. Not such a good thing I fear.
Would you be so happy being alone without your computer? That's the question to ask yourself.

Liz said...

Yes, being alone is good. I love the days when I know i don't have to do anything, go anywhere, see anyone.

VioletSky said...

Whew, I am not alone in this feeling.

jmb makes a valid point though.