Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Too hot to do anything

I worked as a volunteer down at the Crafters Hut and sold a whole $9 worth of crafts. It was really hot there. Visitors who are camping are finding the heat difficult and tourists are not venturing out as it is so hot. Our forests are tinder dry. I look forward to a good storm but I hope it has rain with it. The animals are suffering pets and wild animals. We are just not used to this kind of heat.

I am finding it too hot to do anything. Blogging is an effort right now. It is 29C or about 88F in the house and we have all the fans going but we don't have an air conditioner. I can feel the sweat trickling down my front and my ankles are swelling.

Time to go lie on the couch with my feet up and a book.

9 comments:

TechnoBabe said...

I wish I could bring you a cold iced tea and an air conditioner to put in your window! Stay hydrated. Hugs.

Joy said...

It's sweltering here in Texas too. We just keep hovering around 100 +. I'm tired of it already.
We get no rain either. It will cloud up and thunder then rain about 10 drops and quit.

Can you get a window unit for your bedroom?

Joy

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Here in Ontario we have been having one of the coolest and wet summers on record. I prefer this to oppressive heat. With the temperatures BC has been getting I would spend a lot of the day sittin in our river up to my neck.

I think of the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan were they can have your temperatures while carrying 100 pounds or more of gear. Frankly, I don't know how they survive it.

VioletSky said...

I so understand... hope you have an ice cold drink to go along with that book.

(I am really enjoying our much cooler than normal summer.)

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

jmb said...

We are just not used to the Vic are we? What a summer. I long for rain.

Tammy said...

Hi, it's me Tammy from Mom Knows Everything. I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a paid post about coupons. I've done it before and it's really easy. It's only 100 words and it pays $10 via paypal. They pay with a day or two once it's post. If you are interested you can email me at tammy_and_john@hotmail.com or contact me at my blog. Thanks, Tammy

Liz said...

That sounds horrendous. Hope you get some rain soon.

Berni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.