Saturday, August 22, 2009

Up at dawn and away

Company has gone now so I am off to the lower mainland tomorrow at dawn. Will do the first lap to Cache Creek, which is about 10 hours, or so Google Earth says, if I drive the speed limit.. Then overnight in a motel which I have already booked as there are forest fires in the area and I might not get a room if I waited until I arrived as they are on evacuation alert in the Clinton area which is on the highway I will be traveling, apparently there is quite a bit of smoke. Also there are a lot of road works so it may take me longer than 10 hrs, I hope not. So hopefully I will be well rested to drive the final 4 hours to reach my son's place late morning or early afternoon.

Google Map

5 comments:

janeywan said...

Have a safe trip!

Michelle said...

Hey Bernie! Hope you have a safe trip, and enjoy the time with your family :)

TechnoBabe said...

Good for you, Berni, you are embarking on an adventure. Have a wonderful time on the road trip and while you are with your son.

Liz said...

Hope you're having a wondefrul time!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Oh dear! You get to travel the "highway of tears". Have a lovely visit in the lower mainland.