It seems I am starting to measure my life by the garbage bin. Every Thursday morning about 7am we have to put out the garbage for collection. We are prohibited by a village by law from doing it the night before because of bears. It is Thursday is tomorrow and I have to collect up all the stuff ready for pick up as I can’t think too straight at 7am and might throw something at the garbage guy, rather than throw it into the garbage truck.
“It was just Thursday, darn it!” I exclaimed out loud to myself. I talk a lot to myself. I remember doing this same routine last week. It comes to something when that is all you can remember from week to week.
For posterity I will relate my doings this morning.
- Made the bed and got rid of some dirty dishes
- I emailed my Avon lady and checked my email and feeds
- Went and took a look at Facebook
- Made Irish soda bread with caraway and raisins for hubby
- Made flax meal, buckwheat, bean flour, coconut flour, oat bran bread for me.
- Experimented with yogurt and made a small batch with added stevia and whey powder.
- Made up some chicken salad with left overs
- Collected the garbage
It is just past 1pm, maybe I will try another looming project. So far I have made 5 woven bracelets. It is quite time consuming on a loom but so far I am enjoying it. I have a watch that belonged to my mother and must be about 70 years old, but keeps time faithfully. It is badly in need of a strap I might see if I can create something for it.
I still have to get some wood in and make supper, we probably will have fish. “Oh what a surprise” I say to myself.
Hubby is off painting a building with his pal. He has been leaving around 8am and returning about 4pm. Then he sets to and chops wood or he might go off in the truck and get more gravel for the driveway. I don’t know where the man gets his energy.