Saturday, October 17, 2009

A day in the life – October 17

The weather in my neck of the woods:

Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. 40 percent chance of showers. High 
5C/41F
Tonight..Cloudy. 30 percent chance of rain showers or flurries
overnight. Low –3C/26.6F

A simple pleasure:

My look after myself day. Shaved my legs, conditioned my hair, stuff like that. Sorted out my makeup, lotions and potions into Mexico and leave here piles. I like makeup and not a day goes by without me putting a bit of a face on and doing my hair even though I probably won’t see anyone but Dave. I do it even if he is away. I like myself better that way I do it for myself because he doesn’t notice anyway.

I am thankful:

Was able to get a pneumonia shot for free. Doctor advised it although I am not having H1N1 shot. I do have certain medical conditions like COPD and asthma as well as diabetes. None of which bother me or make me ill just are there.

From the kitchen:

Cooked black beans then tossed in garlic and olive oil with onions and tomatoes.

Put a pork roast in slow cooker with onions and sage.

Made orange lemon marmalade.

I am working on:

Doing all the boring stuff like organising bill payments etc. for while we are in Mexico and checking health insurance rates.

I am reading:

School Days by Robert Parker (just finished)

The In-Between World of Vikram Lall by M.G. Vassanji

Thinking about:

Contrary to being about man's morality and righteous deeds, the gospel is a revelation of God's righteousness, which can only be received by man as a gift. It's not something man does. It's something he receives and walks in freely.  To be ashamed of the gospel is to be ashamed of the gift that God gives and instead to try to attain it by your own deeds.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

We've had winter weather here the past 2 1/2 days -as much as 6-8 inches of snow about 35 miles from here over in State College, PA for the record of the earliest accumulated snowfall EVER there! That marmalade sounds really good as I love marmalade! And your reading -reminds me I haven't done any reading to any extent for well over a year now and that's unusual for me as I generally read a lot but have been too engrossed in my crafts stuff for the past 14 months now.

Liz said...

That cooking sounds good.

Grace can be a hard one to grasp as we're brought up to respond in kind almost to most gifts.