Thursday, October 08, 2009

A day in the life – October 8

This is an idea I stole from Danielle's  Day Book. Often I don’t know what to write but as I think about my day I realize there may be some interesting items. Well at least to me.
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Today..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 7C/42F
Tonight..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow flurries or rain showers.
Wind becoming southeast 20 km/hr. this evening. Low -3C/26F.
I am thankful:
To have lots of wood in store so I can be as warm as I want to be and no reason to go out if I don’t want to. Hubby has stocked the wood shed completely full we probably have enough for the next three years.
From the kitchen:
I had a scrawny old stewing hen which I boiled up yesterday. Today the poor little thing will turn into a sumptuous curry. Have been trying out buckwheat and its effect on my blood sugar. It has no effect so I can incorporate some of that into my diet. Buckwheat is not a cereal it is actually a fruit related to rhubarb and sorrel. It contains ingredients purported to lower bad HDL cholesterol and lower blood glucose too. I have been looking up recipes other than buckwheat pancakes.
I am working on:
Finishing a blouse that I started in May. I lost interest in it but there is just a hem to do now. Also I am working on another bracelet on my loom. I have done a few now hopefully I will sell some at the Christmas bazaar.
I am reading:
Pilgrim by Timothy Findley is a review of the book, it is a bit different but I think it could be quite interesting. I have only just started it. I also got out several other books last night, I read so quickly I have to have at least five at a time. That lasts me about a week. I will read just about anything.
What I am thinking about:
The gospel was never meant to be used as a means of protesting the sins that are committed in the world.  That's not what the gospel is about.  The gospel is a declaration of God's love and grace toward people and it's the power that defeated sin - not protested it! Grace Roots
Did I exercise:
I walked up and down for 20 minutes and did some stretching. I may do more later.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Jeni said...

About blogs -postings and such: Why is it if I have time to read and then, to write a post, I can not think of anything of interest to write about and, conversely, if I have what I think would make for an interesting post on my mind, I usually am third in line -behind Mandy and the 17-year-old to use the computer and then, by the time I get to sit down, whatever it may be that I had thought of to write about is by then long gone from my mind! Hmmm. Maybe I can do a post using that sentence as my starter and then expound on that from there. As you know, I'm generally pretty good at the "expounding" thing, aren't I? That or the never-ending sentences too! LOL
You did turn this into a very interesting post though and perhaps we will both owe Danielle a bit of homage for her suggestions, huh?

Danielle Says Hello said...

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2008/04/join-simple-womans-daybook.html

http://familycorner.blogspot.com/2009/10/happy-homemaker-monday.html

The Daybook was the original ideal of the simple woman. She had a meme every week but earlier this year she said she wasn't going to do it anymore..however, I noticed that she has started it up again but without the mr. linky. I also borrowed some ideas from Diary of a Stay at home mom.

I didn't know you had a loom ;) and I just can't wrap my head around cooking a chicken :)

I love that you are doing a daybook - it really does help to get to know a person better - plus it is a great way to journal our everyday events because it is what we do with our days that tell us how we have spent our lives.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I enjoyed learning some things about buckwheat. I always considered it a cereal. I considered growing it at one time but I was told it was hard to combine and then get rid of it when you want to grow a different crop.

You certainly keep busy.

Misty Dawn said...

What kind of loom do you use? I have a beading loom, and I just LOVE making jewelry with it. Now, if only I could find the time to do the things I used to enjoy.

Liz said...

I didn't know that about buckwheat.

I'm speaking in church on Sunday about (spiritual) eyes and I'm currently putting together a collection of images of subjects that are often victims of prejudice. Your words about grace are apt. I'll put it up on my blog when Sunday has gone.