Friday, April 09, 2010

It’s sold

The fellow who was interested in our place came by today and he loved it and the sale is confirmed. He might buy our furniture as well, plus some of Dave’s stuff. He also brought the date forward for closing so we will get our money earlier. Everything is working out fabulously. A lot of prayer went into this move. We did not pray to move, rather that God’s will be done, but if we were to stay He would show us why. We only arrived home from Mexico a month ago and since then we have bought and sold and everything has gone so smoothly in spite of my pacing the floor a little.

We still have about 18 inches (46 cm) of snow here and it was hailing and snowing all day so I am glad he likes the place in spite of the weather. At our new place there is no snow and the lilac’s are budding and the spring flowers are pushing up, not to mention the stores I can browse in. I can’t wait. Just fourteen more sleeps and we are gone.

Since it has sold I expect I will be able to get on the Internet a lot sooner and then I will have photos and stuff to show you. Did I mention that where we are going is ranching country, real cowboyville. It is the host to Merritt Mountain Music Festival which is the largest country music festival  in Canada, up to a 148,000 people have been known to show up for it. Big country music stars come for the six days, names like Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, and a host of others I don’t know but then I have never followed country music up to now so I have lots to learn. Although it was cancelled this year due to funding it is planned again for next so I will enjoy going to that.

They have rodeos all summer too so I will look forward to taking my grandson to that, I will have to get him a cowboy hat as he is a city slicker. I have a fancy for a pair of cowboy boots for myself too!

That’s my news for today and its all good.

8 comments:

Anna said...

That's the way we usually pray, too - that God works things out the way He wants them - and to make it obvious. It sounds like God really wanted you to move. I'm glad things worked out so well.

Cowboys, country music, and rodeos - sounds great. All kinds of new adventures in store for you.

Jeni said...

That really is wonderful news though, Bernie. Selling the place was good news by itself, but selling it earlier and even some of the furniture and stuff your husband had plus moving up the closing date -well that's just plain awesome!
And I'm really, really glad you'll be able to get a good internet connection faster this way too!

Karen said...

I'm glad everything worked out so well. Mike and I drove to Merritt on Easter Monday for a road trip via Spences Bridge. It is a lovely area. :)

VioletSky said...

Wow, everything really is moving fast!
Maybe this guy likes to tough it out in bad weather? Whatever, glad he wants to move in where you are leaving.

Little Island In The Med said...

Such fantastic news! I'm so glad it all worked out for you! :-)

TechnoBabe said...

This is good news for sure. I am so happy for you, Berni. I know you are counting down the 14 sleeps!!

SilverNeurotic said...

Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Hi. Congratulations on all the new things going on in your life.
Take care and enjoy the new home.