Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We are moved in

Moving is so tiring. I have been unpacking and trying to find new homes for everything, probably I will put stuff away and never find them again. We need shelving and a dresser. Dave is already wanting to revamp things and do some renovations but I will have to hold him back a bit. He plans to go ahead and build himself a shed for all his tools which is fine but I am not into him ripping walls out just yet.

We live about a five minute drive from town. On my way to get a few groceries today I counted twenty-two horses in the surrounding fields. This is cattle country and the little calves are everywhere. It is lovely to have the countryside around us but only minutes from town. The fruit trees are coming into bloom and the new leaves are bright green on the trees. When we left our old place there was still about six inches on snow on the ground and no new life yet on the trees.

I sat on the deck for a while this afternoon in the sun and above my head in the Ponderosa pine there was a couple of hawks mating and noisy about it they were. She kept screeching, I am not sure if she was encouraging him or telling him to get lost. He got his way with her anyway and then flew off, maybe they will nest there.

When I unearth my camera, who knows where it is, I will take some photos. 



--

4 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Oh, I'm glad you are settled, okay, somewhat settled. Soon the dust will settle and you'll start remembering where everything is.

Joy said...

I'm so happy for you. I hope you settle in soon and really make it your own. It sounds like a lovely community. I can't wait to see pictures of the new hometown.
♥ Joy

SilverNeurotic said...

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds at your new place, sounds like a very nice area to live.

Karen said...

Glad you are settling in...sounds like a perfect place for you to be living.