Monday, May 10, 2010

New haircut tomorrow

In the last year I have been growing my hair into a shoulder length bob and in Mexico it got nicely sun streaked and looked quite good but one draw back in our new home is that it is very windy on many days and therefore my bob looks more like a mop and I have had to clip it back with pins which doesn’t do me any favours in the looks department. So after all that effort to grow it I have made the decision to cut. I hope I can manage  it as I have the most difficult hair, it is very fine, thin and dark blonde, really I wish I could wear a wig as it is so difficult to look after. A wig would be great in winter but I imagine most uncomfortable in summer.  It is also starting to go gray, not that I mind gray hair when it is all one color but on my hair color it just looks horrid when there is just a bit showing at the temples it makes me look as if my hair slipped backwards.

Oh vanity thy name is woman!

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

I just got a hair cut ... short, short for summer ... not my favourite cut, I must say, but my friend seems to love to give it to me every year around this time. I so don't bother with my hair though, so it is partly my own fault. I hate using the gels to give it a spikey look ... which is what it needs ... hate all that chemical goop in my hair and on my scalp ... it is wash and wear for me. So, for the time being, I look like a shorn sheep but I'm cool.

Jeni said...

Seems like we're on a bit of a twinship roll here with respect to the hair! I usually keep my somewhat short but for lack of time, interest, money -who knows -I haven't had it cut in over a year now and it's shoulder length. I haven't had hair this long in I couldn't begin to remember when it was! But I have a lot of the same issues with it being this length too -same as yours -the windblown effect that looks so great on so many does absolutely NOTHING for me. So often, when I go walking Sammy especially, I pull it back and up so it won't just all be blowing in my face,in my mouth, aggravating the living daylights out of me. Wonder how long I can go before I get tired and go get it cut and probably permed then too?