Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Now we are closer to town its easier to spend!!

We went out this evening and bought a barbeque and a patio set. We have never had one before because the flies where we lived before just didn’t allow for sitting outside. We will put it up tomorrow. It is Dave’s 72 birthday coming up next month and our anniversary shortly after so we justified the expense. Actually it wasn’t as expensive as I had thought it would be. I will have to go to the library to pick up books on barbecuing.

It was such a nice day today I sat out on our deck for quite a while reading and it seemed a shame to come in to cook and eat, especially as cooking will raise the temperature inside. I am hoping to spend many pleasant hours outside. We have a fairly sizeable deck at the back and a small one at the front so we have quite a bit of outside living space. 

We started cleaning up our little yard today, it is little compared to what we had before but it is just the right size now we are slowing down a bit. It is about 100 feet long by about 48 feet wide. The mobile and extension obviously takes some space but it still leaves plenty of room for trees and shrubs or a place for the grandkids to play. I had toyed with putting in a garden but have changed my mind. There is a Farmer’s Market close by every Saturday and that seems a better option than going to the trouble of doing it myself.

The haircut looked really good when I left the hair stylist, somewhat different when I tried it myself this morning but it will serve, it is a lot neater and if I stop trying to dry it the way I have always done and let the cut take over it will be fine. She took an hour and a half to cut it. She said I had probably the most difficult hair she had cut as it is full of cowlicks and so fine that she practically had to cut it strand by strand. So now it is short and stacked at the back most of the hair forward into bangs and sides so my hair isn’t slipping back off my head anymore and seemed to survive the wind without looking like needed a broom to get home on.

4 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Glad your hair cut turned out and that you are enjoying your new digs. It will probably get quite warm there in the summer so I hope you have some shade.

VioletSky said...

Just getting caught up...
it sounds like you have found a piece of heaven! I can hear your excitement in your writings!

TechnoBabe said...

You will enjoy the barbeque I am sure.
Veggies and fruits are great on the barbeque too. Knowing you, you will have it mastered right away.

Skittles said...

Sorry I haven't been here in forever it seems. I'm not even sure where it is you moved to, but it sounds like you're happy and doing well, and that's what matters. :)