Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Company twice this week

When we were in Granisle no one came to visit but this week an old friend of mine from the coast came up for the weekend and today visitors popped in unexpectedly on their way through to Kamloops.

The weather is glorious and hot but the nights are cool so what more can you want. There was a small forest fire not far from us but it was soon put out. I bought some climber roses for the patio and Dave is going to build a lattice for them to climb up. Our patio is very private but this will make it even more so and smell great too. We have a smaller deck in the front also where I have pots of geraniums and a small rose. It looks inviting I hope.

Dave has finished his new shed and a pathway to it from the back of the large deck which looks quite good. Next he is pulling up the carpet in the family room and the hallway and then we are putting laminate floor from the family room which is off the deck through the kitchen and down the hall to the bathroom and bedrooms. We will keep the carpet in the living room/dining room and main bedroom.

We are talking about putting a skylight in the kitchen roof as it is a bit dull in there but that will be next year, also a complete redo of the bathroom but that also will be next year.

So we are keeping busy and spending time outside. I have been walking for at least an hour each day sometimes more but I find the walk in the evening too hot so have dropped that but walk with my new friends in the morning about 7:45 am and it is wonderful out then. I am the oldest of the lot but am keeping up quite well.

We have a family of small hawks nesting in our Ponderosa pine tree. What a noisy bunch they are, unfortunately they are too high up in the tree to take any photos but they are practicing their hunting and flying skills right now and I expect they will be gone in a week or so.

So the computer is rather neglected right now but I think that is a good thing and much more healthy for me but it served in Granisle as a link to the outside and I have made friends on the Internet. I am getting nicely toasted taking care not to burn but getting my Vitamin D something I am sure I was severely depleted up north. So I will love you and leave you for now I am still reading your posts and popping in once in a while but must admit the sunshine is luring me outside.

4 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Glad you are so happy in your new surrounds, soaking in all that warmth and sunshine! Hard to be in front of the computer too much during the summer months.

TechnoBabe said...

It sounds like the move was just the right thing you both needed. Your new place sounds like there are projects that are doable. You sound like you are doing so much better now. The roses and trellis are going to be great I think. I am so happy you have people to walk with and are being active and not isolated.

VioletSky said...

With all this activity, you will have a storehouse of things to write about on the dull, rainy days!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Life seem so good for you these days in your new location and digs.

Years ago I visited a friend in Kamloops so I am familiar with the dryer interior climate near you, lots of sunshine.